Saturday 30 January 2010

Dirk Hamilton - You can sing on the left or bark on the right

I've been listening to this on LastFM tonight. I haved loved this album since I first heard it more than 25 years ago. Among the thousands and thousands albums I have heard from the 60s and the 70s, this rates very very very high. It touches me as much, every time I listen. I hadn't heard it for too long because my copy is on vinyl and it's been a time since my turntable has spun. If you are reading this, please make sure you hear Dirk Hamilton's 'You can sing on the left or bark on the right'

http://www.last.fm/music/Dirk+Hamilton/You+Can+Sing+On+the+Left+or+Bark+On+the+Right

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First learned of Dirk when he opend for Danny O'Keefe at the Cellar Door in DC back in about 1976. I left that show and bought "Sing on the Left" that night.
The album remained my favorite for a lot of years, until I wore the grooves out.