Saturday 6 September 2008

Headin' for the country

This below is a compilation I made for Antal from the Zippies. I saw Antal playing with his country band the Roving Gamblers when I was in den Haag in 2001 and when I got back to England, made him a cdr with a strong country rock emphasis, as a thankyou for some excellent Golden Earring music I hadn't heard, that he gave me. 

the Grateful dead-looks like rain
John Stewart-you can’t look back
Gene clark-life’s greatest fool
Terry and the pirates-wish I was your river
Joe Ely-Row of dominoes
The other ones-Jack straw
Steve Hyams-Bethlehem Steel
David Forman & Levon Helm-Gimme a stone
The Bottle Rockets-pot of gold
Lee Clayton-10,000 years/sexual moon
John P Strohm and the hello strangers-powderkeg
James McMurty-vague direction
Heads hands & feet-just another ambush
Little Feat-Doriville-
Steve Hyams-El Dorado
The Vulgar Boatmen-when we walk
Lynn Miles-I always told you the truth
Al Anderson-without your love

January 2002

No comments: